How to Make Rasgulla at Home
Rasgulla is the sweetest food in the state of Odisha and West Bengal. It is the traditional sweet of Bengal. The other variant of rasgulla that Odisha is famous for is the one from Solapur. People think that it would be too difficult to create it, however, it’s actually not. It is one of my favorite sweets and I am sure you too would like to prepare it reception with this recipe. You can keep them within the refrigerator for some days and it’s best to possess them cooled.
Rasgulla is a famous Bengali sweet made from milk. Rasgulla is made from “chena” which is obtained by curdling the milk. The chena is mashed, made smooth, and then cooked in boiling sugar syrup.
This original rasgulla recipe gives you a step-by-step peek into how this dish is made. So, what are you waiting for? Try this amazing dessert and enjoy it with your loved ones!
|4.||Lime juice||3 tablespoon|
|7.||Rose water||1 teaspoon|
- Heat milk in a pan.
- Remove from heat once it comes to a boil and adds the lemon juice.
- Keep the flame low and permit boiling for 2-3 minutes so the whey and chhena separates.
- Allow the recent liquid to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take a muslin cloth or an oversized strainer and strain removed from the whey.
- Wash it in running water to get rid of the smell of lemon.
- Take out the cheese on the surface and knead for 4-5 minutes till it becomes smooth.
- It becomes completely smooth and starts releasing a touch oil.
- Add the juice of half a lemon. Also, add Gulab Jal and cardamom powder.
- Add the maida.
- It becomes completely smooth and starts releasing a little oil.
- When chhena is smooth enough and much lighter in texture, make smooth round balls and keep them aside.
- Cook covered for 40-45 minutes on low heat.
- Make sure you create small balls as they’re going to swell once they absorb the syrup.
- Add the rasgullas one by one within the syrup ensuring there’s enough space within the pan.
- Remove the lid.
- Switch off the flame and permit it to chill.
- Enjoy the delicious sweet, and eat the sweet.
This food is not recommended for diabetics, heart patients, blood sugar. Rasgulla is only 106 calories, the issue is the quality of calories you put into your body.
So what are you waiting for? Go and try this Rasgulla recipe at your home. And eat with your near and dears. Do let me know your experience in the comment section.