Sundar Pichai biography- early life, career, and net worth
Sundar Pichai’s full name is Pichai Sundararajan. He is an Indian-American executive. Pichai is a chief executive CEO of Google Inc(2015) and its holding company Alphabet Inc (2019). He is a Computer Engineer from India also an inspiration for all. He is a good decision-maker and team leader.
Quick Overview About Sundar Pichai:
- Name:– Pichai Sundararajan
- Date of Birth:- 12/07/1972
- Birthplace:- Madurai( now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India
- Father:- Regunatha Pichai
- Mother:– Lakshmi Pichai
- Age:- 48 (as of 2020)
- Famous reason:- Chief Executive CEO of Google
- Nationality:- Indian-American
- Religion:– Hinduism
- School(s): –
- Jawahar Vidyalaya, Ashok Nagar, Chennai, India
- Vana Vani School, Chennai, India
- B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
- M.S in Material Sciences and Engineering from Stanford University, California, US
- MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
- Spouse:- Anjali Pichai
- Children:– Kiran Pichai, Kavya Pichai
- Occupation:- Computer Scientist, Businessperson, Industrialist
- Networth:- $1.31 million (nearly 9745 crore) in 2021
- Favorite Things:-
- Bollywood Actress – Deepika Padukone
- Sports – Football, Cricket
- Football Player- Lionel Messi
- Football club – FC Barcelona
- Cricketer- Sachin Tendulkar
- Newspaper- The wall Street Journal
- Style Quotient:-
- Cars Collection- Range Rover, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche
- Assets Properties- A $6.8 million house in Los Altos Hills, California.
- Food Habit:- Vegetarian
- Hobbies: – Reading, Watching and Playing Football (Soccer) and Cricket, Sketching, Playing Chess
Early life and Education
Sundar Pichai was born on July 12, 1972, in Madurai( now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India. His father’s name was Regunatha Pichai, worked as an electrical engineer for the British conglomerate GEC and managed a factory that made electrical components, and his mother’s name was Lakshmi Pichai, works as a stenographer. Pichai starts his education in Jawahar Vidyalaya a central Board of Secondary Education school in Ashok Nagar, Chennai, and Class 12 completed from Vana Vani school in the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. After he completed his Btech degree in metallurgical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Then he completed a Master of Science(M.S) from Stanford University in material sciences and engineering and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
After completed his BTech then he studied for a Master of Science(M.S) from Wharton School of the University in material sciences. At this time he knows as a Siebel Scholar and a Palmer Scholar.
After Pichai joined Google in 2004. Initially, he worked on Google’s search toolbar with a small team. This toolbar helps users of the Internet Explorer and Firefox easy access to Google search. Then he worked on other Google products such as Google Gears and Google Pack. Initially, the success of the Google toolbar gave Pichai some idea like why not we create or develop our own browser.
After he discusses with his seniors but he faced objection from the CEO Eric Schmidt. After some conversion Finally, Pichai convinced the co-founder of Google Larry Page and Sergey Brin to launch Google’s own browser that is Google Chrome in 2008. This browser proved the great success of Pichai and it helps the users to directly access Google’s search engine. Internationally known as Pichai the phenomenal success of Chrome which eventually became the No. 1 browser in the world, surpassing competitors such as Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Pichai was promoted to Vice President of product development in 2008. In that time he started appearing more often at Google presentations and continued rising up the ranks in Google. Pichai had become the Senior Vice President of Chrome and apps in 2012
The creator of Android Andy Rubin left to work on a different project in 2013. Larry Page made Pichai in-charge of Android. His influence continued to increase and he was made the Product Chief in October 2014.
Google formed a company Alphabet Inc. to serve as a holding company in 2015. Sundar Pichai was the CEO of Google on 10 August 2015.
Pichai was married to Anjali Pichai. she was a chemical engineer from Kota, Rajasthan. They meet each other at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur. They met as classmates at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. The couple has two children. One was a son name Kiran Pichai another one was a daughter name Kavya Pichai.
Sundar Pichai Networth:
Sundar Pichai has a net worth is 1.31milion USD in 2021, which in Indian currency is 9745 crores rupees. Pichai’s annual income was around 220 million USD i.e. 1409.43 crores INR. Pichai has calculated the brand value of Google was 101.8 billion USD i.e in Indian currency is over 6 lakh crores INR.
Quotes of Sundar Pichai:
- I love technology while growing up.
- It is important to follow your Dreams and Heart. Do Something that Excites you.
- As a leader, It is important to not just see your own success, but focus on the success of others.
- Wear your failure as a badge of honor!
- A person who is happy is not because everything is right in his life, He is happy because of his attitude towards everything in his life is right.
- Good companies do whatever it takes to make sure apps are great and don’t hesitate to add features.
- Let yourself feel insecure from time, It will help you grow as an individual.
- You might fail a few times, but that’s Ok. you end up doing something worthwhile which you learn a great deal from.
- Al is probably the most important thing humanity has ever worked on.
- In life don’t react, always respond.
- We try to use deep computer science in what we make so that we have a differentiated approach to solving problems.
- It is always good to work with people who make you feel insecure about yourself. That way, you will constantly keep pushing your limits.
- Keep pushing your limits.
- In life don’t react, always respond.
- We are interested in India because it is amazingly young.
- India will be a global player in the digital economy.
- The core of what Google is about is bringing information to people.
Top 10 success rules of Sundar Pichai:
- Think what is next
- Empower people
- Ideas matter
- Take risks
- Be an optimist
- Solve Problems
- Follow your dreams
- Have a Good Morning routine
- Do what you love
- Push yourself